Love our healthier all-natural candles? Want more for cheaper? Ask about our Customizable Pack of 12 Infused Aromatherapy Soy Wax Votive Candles in a glass candle holder. Customize your 12 pack of glass votive using your favorite essential oil. Email for more information, some exceptions apply.
Simply enjoy our Pine Infused Soy Wax in Clear Glass Votives knowing you are not introducing toxins into your home by burning paraffin or hidden chemicals. We make the highest-quality candles to ensure the healthiest environment for you with less waste. Put your mind at ease and inhale purer breath using our all-natural aromatherapy candles that are renewable, recyclable, safe, and eco-friendly.
Our standards are key to our success:
- All-Natural: Our candle wax ingredients include USA grown and made soy wax infused with the real scent of herb, flower, fruit, and vegetable essential oils. Learn more about our infusion methods here.
Soy wax is a healthier alternative to paraffin wax because it doesn’t release dangerous carcinogens into the air when melted or burned. Paraffin wax literally is developed from the slug the bottom of an oil barrel. After petroleum is processed into motor oil, kerosene, diesel gasoline, and other saleable fuels the discarded oil is separated into wax and industrial waste by chemical crystallization, intense heat, and industrial solvents (e.g., ketone) to create “paraffin wax”. The “soot” created from burning paraffin wax candles in your home is identical to the toxins found in diesel fuel emissions. The researchers at the University of Michigan found paraffin wax candles give off emissions that exceed the Environmental Protection Agency’s standards for outdoor air quality.
Due to the inhalation toxicity of paraffin wax soot, the American Lung Association has issued a warning since 2005 that paraffin candles emit acetaldehyde, formaldehyde, acetone, benzene, 2-butanone, carbon disulfide, carbon tetrachloride, creosol, chlorobenzene carbon monoxide, cyclopentene, ethylbenzene, phenol, styrene tetrachloroethene, toluene, and xylene. Lighting paraffin wax candles or wax melts release at least 16 known toxins, 2 of which are carcinogens.
Carcinogens are known to cause cancer in people and animals by altering DNA. Often additives and fragrances are added to candle wax and never disclosed to the consumer. The candle industry hides toxic chemicals (e.g., scent boosters, color enhancers, etc.) behind the term “additive” and “fragrance” to cover up a plethora of synthetic substances used to make the aromas or create a lustrous finish on a product. The problem is that most of these chemicals are quite toxic to breathe in and have serious inhalation risks.
For example, Phthalates (a well-known endocrine/hormone disruptor [EDC]) are a group of industrial-grade concoctions that are used as plastic softeners, solvents, and fragrance oils. The World Health Organization recognizes EDCs, like Phthalates, a global threat to the fertility of men and women.
Commonly Phthalates are used in fragrances, and manufacturers are allowed to legally hide them as “trade secrets”. The Apothecary Company llc is firmly committed to disclosing all of our ingredients and believes that in keeping it simple, we are creating healthy products with integrity.
Another thing about soy wax, while I love the smell of natural beeswax candles, let’s ‘bee’ honest – beeswax is not a sustainable resource. Our planet has seen the greatest modern decrease in the bee population over the last decade. Bees are struggling to keep up with the ever-growing demand for beeswax and honey. Soy wax is a vegan substitute for beeswax.
- Safety: UL approved flame-retardant plastic which we have found to be the best flame-retardant plastic available. The eco-friendly cotton wicks designed to safely extinguish once all the wax has been consumed.
- Renewable & Sustainable: A group of college students from Purdue University developed a birthday candle using a renewable resource made from soy. Soy wax is a 100% biodegradable vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. The U.S. grows the vast majority of the world’s soybeans, primarily in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. We proudly make our products with soy wax Made in the USA.
- Recyclable: Our clear glass votives are made from recycled glass and are recyclable after use. Please, keep the re-cycle going! Remember to put used glass candleholders in the recycle bin, not the trash. Or refill – dishwasher safe to wash the glass votives with soap and water, and refill with more wax and a fresh wick.
- Eco-friendly: Soy wax is a 100% biodegradable vegetable wax, and our cotton wicks are made with 100% cotton also biodegradable. After the tealight cup and the metal wick-base are recycled, no waste is added to the planet from its use. Food Grade – BPA Free. Lead-Free.